When you’re ready to craft your own delivery and development automation, this is the place to be.
How to use this guide
With this guide, we aim to provide all the information you need to create and customize a software delivery machine for your organization’s needs. When the information here is not clear or not sufficient, we appreciate your perspective. Ask us questions through the chat icon in the lower-right of this page, or on the Atomist community Slack. You can also contribute to this guide by creating issues or pull requests on the docs repository.
This guide should help you make your SDM:
- Build your repositories, more flexibly than a pipeline
- Deploy your code, with interactivity
- Inspect your code, across projects and automatically on push
- Transform your code, across projects and automatically on push
- Respond to builds, from the SDM or external build systems
- Implement custom commands
- Create new projects according to your own standards
To do all this, these higher-level concepts are relevant:
- Setting up your system to develop and run SDMs
atomistcommand line tool
- your Software Delivery Machine
- the Project interface
Once you’ve finished this section, you’ll have everything you need to eliminate the pain points in your development and delivery processes. Or if you don’t, please let us know! We are available in the Atomist community Slack, or through the chat icon at the bottom of this page.